Account Executive with Project Management Focus (Full-Time, Remote)
McGuffin has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Executive with a passion for project management and client interaction. In this role you’ll join our team dedicated to producing a quarterly print magazine for one of our health care clients, jumping in to help plan, organize and manage how our creative and production team executes and completes each issue of the magazine.
This role is the primary liaison to our client and our team, and the hub for all communication. The role includes managing the execution of day-to-day activities, ensuring everyone is clear on assignments, workloads are manageable, processes understood, schedules are logical and followed, and hours billed correctly. You’ll be a solver-of-problems, deeply curious, inquisitive and diplomatic.
What you’ll be doing
- Build strong working relationships with internal and client team members, establishing a role as a trusted resource and advisor
- Review and understand all content provided by client (for each issue) to help facilitate informed conversations
- Establish and track budget and scope for each issue
- Create easy-to-follow electronic and printable schedules/timelines for each magazine issue, work with team to get alignment, and share with client for approval
- Maintain up-to-date server organization/asset management during creative development; receive and organize all content provided by editor and client creative team members (photographers, creative directors)
- Schedule and attend internal meetings related to creative development (creative briefing, creative reviews, full team reviews, etc.)
- Schedule intake and review meetings with all client stakeholders per schedule
- Collect client input/feedback from Workfront and/or review calls and share with McGuffin team via Basecamp; review all changes to ensure accuracy before sending back to client
- Manage external & internal communication/documentation with team, client, and vendors; ensure all are informed of status and next steps; includes regular use of Workfront (client team) and Basecamp (McGuffin team)
- Support internal teams, discuss issues and conflicts, identify and address potential concerns, ensure accuracy of team resources, schedule and budget; seek solutions
Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, all photo shoots are currently being conducted remotely. In the future, the Account Executive may be required to travel to photo shoot locations including Rochester, MN, Jacksonville, FL and Phoenix, AZ.
- Work with client and McGuffin team to complete image request forms and upload to Workfront
- Download and organize all contact sheets and imagery provided by client; request any needed high resolution files
- Keep McGuffin team informed of all received contact sheets and photography
- Lead weekly status meetings with client photography team and provide all needed information including photo plans
- Working with McGuffin CD/AD, prepare comprehensive shot list for client photography team and update as needed
- Schedule photo plan review meetings with McGuffin team and client photographers prior to shoots (in person; when possible)
- Coordinate and attend all in-person scouting events
- Coordinate and attend all photo shoots that McGuffin art directs in person
- Assist in securing props as needed
- Serve as liaison to editor, providing all imagery to be used and identifying subjects to help with cutline development, etc.
- Provide McGuffin requested specs to client print buying team
- Coordinate McGuffin on-site press checks
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- Five+ years of Account Management experience with marketing agency
- Managing and controlling creative workflow processes; involvement in all aspects of the creative project life cycle from estimating to concept to delivery
- Resource allocation
- Proficiency working in Microsoft suite, Workfront, Basecamp and Instagantt or other other project management programs to maintain schedules, communicate priorities and monitor budgets and details
- Working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- PMI certification a plus
- Experience with print production a plus
- Experience with photography coordination and planning a plus
- Experience working in the health care industry or with health care clients a plus
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Proactive, comfortable working independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks
- Experience working with creative team members, vendors and clients at varying levels of seniority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiating and consensus building skills
- Keen interest in processes and operations, with a desire to continuously improve
- Alignment with McGuffin core values
Due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, McGuffin is operating 100% remotely. This is a fully remote position. You should be comfortable working from home and must be available M-F during business hours Central Time. McGuffin will provide all necessary technology for a remote work set up – bring your own wifi.
The perks of our work
McGuffin offers healthcare insurance (medical and dental, long-term-disability and term life insurance; vision and short-term disability available), a 401(k) program and a refreshing team culture. We also offer an optional schedule to all employees to take every other Friday off by working extended on-days.
McGuffin Creative Group is a full-service marketing and advertising agency with a smart approach to solving complex communications challenges for financial services companies, healthcare providers, nonprofits and on and on. We connect people with brands crafting messages that are simple and human. Simple, so that they can be understood. Human, so that they mean something.
McGuffin is headquartered in Chicago, IL. More about us.