Are you a driven, highly-detailed person, who seeks to solve problems? Do you have a need to understand not only WHAT needs to be done, but WHY it’s being done a certain way?
McGuffin has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Executive to join our Client Services team. Primarily working with clients in the professional services arena (healthcare, financial services, insurance and education), you’ll manage projects including positioning and brand development, digital and print advertising, content and online marketing, collateral, video, website development and more. You’ll work closely with our clients, often teamed up with a Senior Account Executive/Account Supervisor. You’ll also work collaboratively with our creative team, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with clients to review project objectives and advise on strategies/plans.
- Prepare estimates and SOW documents to gain client agreement before proceeding.
- Draft Creative Briefs as needed.
- Initiate projects with in-house team and work with Creative Director to establish schedule and budget allocations.
- Oversee daily account management activities; monitor and manage timelines to complete work within expectations.
- Act as primary liaison between agency and key client contacts.
- Work independently, but with guidance from other Client Service and Creative team members.
- Partner with senior team members to ensure deliverables are top quality and on strategy.
- Maintain thorough understanding of clients’ products, services and brands, including competitive and other industry forces that shape the business.
- Manage financial aspects of accounts including estimating and billing.
What we’d probably see on your résumé
- Advertising, marketing, journalism or communications degree.
- A minimum of five years Account Management experience with a marketing, communications, advertising agency.
- Prior work in professional services marketing industries (financial, insurance or healthcare is a plus).
- Experienced in writing Creative Briefs and Project Plan/Strategy documents.
- Experience in developing estimates and managing project budgets.
- Hands-on project management.
- Experience managing integrated communications campaigns.
- Experienced in a variety of print and digital communications tactics; advertising, direct mail, collateral and digital including websites, email blasts, landing pages, digital display and social.
- Familiar with both the digital and print production processes.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Highly-detailed and organized.
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs and Pages, as well as Google Docs and Google Drive.
- Experience in project management tools/CRMs, such as Workamajig, is a plus.
The perks of our work
McGuffin offers healthcare insurance (medical and dental, long-term-disability and term life insurance; vision and short-term disability available), a 401(k) program, a rather unique work schedule and a refreshing team culture. Our office is located just blocks from Union and Ogilvie Stations in Chicago, and is also close to the el.