Account Management Intern (Summer 2020)
McGuffin has an exciting opportunity for an Account Management Intern to join our Client Services team for Summer 2020. If you’re energetic, collaborative, curious and a little bit detail obsessed, you may be the right fit!
You will get hands-on experience managing relationships with clients, mentoring from our seasoned Client Services team and the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a growing agency. We get to learn new tools and ways of thinking from you and have a friendly new face around the office. It’s a win-win.
Open to rising college/university seniors and recent college graduates. Must be in Chicago and able to travel to our offices at 566 W. Adams throughout the duration of the internship (May/June-August). This is a paid, full-time internship. Applications due by March 15, 2020. Intern selection will be made in mid-April.
Please carefully read this listing and submit all necessary application materials. Applicants who fail to submit all required materials will not be considered for the position.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop schedules and status reports, updating in a timely fashion when changes occur.
- Communicate directly with clients on projects and deliverables.
- Communicate project requirements, creative revisions and deadlines to McGuffin team members.
- Work with your supervisor to learn how to develop creative briefs, estimates and track project milestones.
- Perform secondary research into brands, consumers and categories that McGuffin is working with, or interested in working with.
- Ensure project material accuracy and client-readiness (proofreading, etc.).
- Help manage the McGuffin Grant.
- Additional support/administrative duties as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized and process-oriented
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
What we’d probably see on your résumé/portfolio
- Pursuing or recently completed bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Communications or related field
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive
- Experience working with a team
- Leadership experience
In addition to sharing your résumé and cover letter, we would like you to submit the following assignment. (Don’t worry – we understand this is limited information. This just gives us a sense of your communication style.) Please submit the assignment along with your cover letter in the application form. Please keep your response to less than 500 words total.
Situation: McGuffin is working with our client, Ms. Adams at ABC Company, to create a presentation and a series of informational brochures for their new sales campaign. We originally told Ms. Adams that we would be able to present the revised creative elements to her on Friday, but revisions are extensive and taking more time than anticipated so we will not be able to present until early the following week.
Write a short description of how you would handle this situation internally. Also include the email message you would write to Ms. Adams to inform her of the situation.
The perks of our work
Our office is located just blocks from Union and Ogilvie Stations in Chicago, and is also close to the el. We are conveniently located near dozens of restaurants and only four blocks from Greektown. There are nine Starbucks stores within one quarter mile of our office. You will have the opportunity to participate in McGuffin summer outings and other professional networking events.