Brand Strategist (Contract, Remote)
The Brand Strategist defines those attributes that are unique to the brand, analyzes and understands the targeted customer group (based on demographics, psychographics, etc), and outlines the positive reaction that the brand is expected to generate in the customers. Based on this, the Brand Strategist decides the communication and the experience that customers will get at all touch points.
The ideal candidate is a forward-thinking, driven professional who is passionate about delving into regulated industries, understanding market dynamics, observing and uncovering consumer behavior, and building brands. You love storytelling and are adept at doing so in a concise, consistent, and effective manner. You have a proven talent for insight, and you’re enthusiastic about the process of brand strategy and bringing brand identities to life.
- Develop brand positioning and strategy, in a concise, consistent, and effective manner.
- Produce competitive and consumer research.
- Provide recommendations for presentations
- Responsible for staying in the forefront of new industries.
- Has a strong understanding of market dynamics.
- Maintains understanding of consumer insights and trends.
- Able to observe and uncover consumer behavior.
- Guide insights to building strong brands.
- Helps to create Creative Briefs and gains client input/approval.
- Attends kick-offs and team briefings, including providing all needed background information and research.
- Is part of the team, presenting work and insights to clients.
- Involved in reviews to ensure adherence to strategy objectives.
- Understands and stays current about our client’s business and competitors.
- Participates in McGuffin New Business team activities.
- Have proven success leading and creating excellent Brand and Design work, from concept to production.
- Have experience developing consistent and effective branding – positioning statements, messaging hierarchy, tone, voice – that meets clients’ business goals and marketing approach.
- Have a solid and current understanding of marketing strategies and tactics used by professional services firms.
- Are comfortable and proficient in leading RFP initiatives.
- Value a culture that’s close, supportive and collaborative.
- Have great people and communication skills, written (correspondence, proposals) and verbal (listening, conversations, presentations, pitches).
- Have at least 5 years of experience working with a diverse range of companies in a brand strategist or marketing role.
- Are skilled at identifying trends and customer needs to help McGuffin grow and evolve to continue delivering relevant and competitive offerings.
- Agency experience is highly preferred.
- Finance and/or Healthcare industry experience a plus.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, McGuffin is operating 100% remotely. This is a fully remote position. You should have all equipment required to work form home and must be available M-F during business hours.
McGuffin Creative Group is a full-service marketing and advertising agency with a smart approach to solving complex communications challenges for financial services companies, healthcare providers, nonprofits and on and on. We connect people with brands crafting messages that are simple and human. Simple, so that they can be understood. Human, so that they mean something.
McGuffin is headquartered in Chicago, IL. More about us.