Our ideal candidate is both a skilled tactician and an idea factory — someone who’s both imaginative and thorough. In return, you’ll work at a creative firm with a 15-year track record, a great team, a West Loop address and a varied client roster of name-brand professional service providers.
- Creating compelling and effective communication tools.
- Collaborating with the team to ensure consistency of designs across various media outlets.
- Maintaining awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape and market trends.
- Assessing for the quality and appropriateness of imagery.
- Developing strong, evocative solutions for the creative team.
- Delivering the highest possible creative output when requested.
What we’d probably see in your résumé/portfolio
- Strong communication, conceptual thinking, typography skills and design skills.
- An ability to communicate strategically.
- Experience working with a team.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in graphic design.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite — Sketch or Figma a plus.
The perks of our work
McGuffin offers healthcare insurance (medical and dental, long-term-disability and term life insurance; vision and short-term disability available), a 401(k) program, a rather unique work schedule and a refreshing team culture. Our office is located just blocks from Union and Ogilvie Stations in Chicago, and is also close to the el.