Have you ever wanted to take a brand from sort of recall to total recall? This could be the opportunity you’re been waiting for.
McGuffin is looking for a Marketing Associate to join our agency in Chicago. While there’s no doubt we’ve got a lot of fans already, we’ve got a goal of dominating the hearts and minds of client-side marketers far and wide.
Who’s our ideal candidate? You’ve probably worked in marketing at an ad agency, a small business, a non-profit, or at a client-side firm. You’re outgoing, ambitious and curious; the ringleader and party planner among your friends. And someone with over-the-top attention to detail and a little too much energy. If you want to help make this McGuffin more famous than the Maltese Falcon or the briefcase in Pulp Fiction, read on!
What you’ll be doing
McGuffin’s Marketing Associate will work closely with our Business Development, Client Services and Creative teams, as well as work independently. Here’s how you’ll spend your time:
- Assess current McGuffin brand building and lead generation activities.
- Research additional brand building/lead generation opportunities in selected verticals; speaking opportunities, online and offline direct marketing, advertising, conferences, content creation/publishing, etc.
- Plan and execute agency marketing activities (including events).
- Work closely with our Director of Client Growth and Engagement in lead generation activities; creating outbound communications, drip campaigns, webinars, etc.
- Create and maintain a marketing calendar; ensure all stakeholders are fully informed on campaigns.
- Project manage marketing activities to meet plans, budgets and timelines.
- Evaluate McGuffin client and prospect database tools. Gain knowledge for efficient list management and recommend needed course of action.
- Prepare ROI analysis on all marketing efforts.
What we’d probably see on your résumé
- Marketing or communications degree.
- 3-5 years of professional experience, including a marketing role.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, adhere to deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem solver with a professional and service-oriented attitude.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Team player that also excels as a high-performing individual contributor.
- Strong willingness to help in any area, develop skills and learn new things.
- Understanding of marketing concepts and practices.
- Experience using marketing automation tool (e.g. MailChimp).
- Proficient use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Proficient use of calendar/planning tool.
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices and Google Analytics a plus.
- Your dog has 12,000 followers on the social platform of their choice.